Everything DiSC Adaptive Testing
In 2012, Everything DiSC assessments began using adaptive testing (AT) and a new more sophisticated scoring algorithm to give participants the most precise DiSC® style assignment possible.
Adaptive Testing aligns better with the standards established by the psychological assessment community. With adaptive testing, respondents are presented with questions, and their responses determine the next questions they are given.
The Benefits of Adaptive Testing
- It's more precise: Inscape improved the measurement technology. The AT measurement is more aligned with the standards of the psychological community, it has been thoroughly beta tested, and the precision of the measurement has increased while assessment-taking time has decreased.
- It's been thoroughly proven: Inscape conducted the most extensive validation research in Inscape history. They hired two independent agencies to perform multiple rounds of analysis focused on construct validity. Two of the most well-respected academic assessments in the psychological community were used to establish construct validity of the Everything DiSC AT assessment: NEO PI-R™ and 16PF®. The agencies also compared the construct validity of the Everything DiSC AT assessment to the Everything DiSC 79-item assessment and the DiSC Classic 28-item assessment. Here's what was learned:
- The AT measurement is 12% more accurate than the 79-item assessment
- The AT measurement is 32% more accurate than DiSC Classic
- It provides a superior user experience: Increased personalization results in a more satisfying participant experience. Beta testing feedback from Distributors and end-users was overwhelmingly positive.
- Inscape asked beta testers to compare their Everything DiSC Workplace AT profiles with other DiSC profiles they have taken, including the Everything DiSC 79-item and DiSC Classic 28-item profiles. Beta testers overwhelmingly felt that the AT profile feedback was superior, with 90% saying it was a better overall profile.
- In addition, Inscape asked beta testers to rate the fit of their dot placement, shading, and personalized narrative feedback in their Everything DiSC Workplace AT profiles. Again, over 90% of respondents rated the fit as "good" to "excellent".
What's the Bottom Line
- It's more precise: improved the measurement technology
- It's been thoroughly proven: most extensive validation research in Inscape history
- It provides a superior user experience: increased personalization results in a more satisfying participant experience